Have you lived through a disaster?
Hi, I appreciate your assistance. I will be using your personal experiences for a book I am writing about surviving disasters (natural, man-made, technological, etc.) The only identification I am requesting is your FIRST name; any other ID offered will be kept in my personal file in case I need to contact you for more info and will be destroyed upon completion of the manuscript.
If you have lived through a disaster of any kind your responses will be extremely helpful to this project.
You can copy the questions with your responses into an email and send that to me at ChelleCordero@gmail.com ~or~ you can download the .doc (http://bylines333.com/?attachment_id=661), fill in the responses and attach it to an email sent to ChelleCordero@gmail.com , whichever is easier for you. Please put DISASTER in the subject line.
Email is my preferred method to receive responses, however if you would like you can snail-mail the form to me at: By-Lines; POB 333; Tomkins Cove NY 10986.
1) What region of the country/world do you live in and what type of disaster has occurred?
2) Can you give a brief description of what your living conditions were before the disaster (ie: single family home, trailer, apartment complex)?
3) What was the extent of damage and losses to your family and home?
4) Did you have any warnings of the impending disaster? If so, what preparations did you make?
5) What resources were available to you to assist you and your family after the disaster?
6) Were you able to recover after the disaster and resume a “normal” life? How long did this recovery take?
7) What were permanent losses that could not be recovered?
8) What changes have you made to avoid or decrease your losses if future disasters occur?
9) Based on your experience, what advice would you give to others to mitigate losses and safeguard their families?
10) Any other comments?