Contest is open to both published and unpublished writers, however, the manuscript submitted must not have been previously published in any format, including self-publishing venues and blogs.
Novels must be complete, and be between 45,000–95,000 words. Submissions short or longer than this will not be considered.
Submission must include only the first three chapters and the final chapter of your manuscript.
Submissions must be in 12-point Times New Roman or Courier Font only .
Submission must also include cover sheet with the following and only the following information:
- Your name
- Your pen name, if you have one
- Genre of your submission/manuscript: mystery, suspense, or historical only. Other genres will not be considered.
- Working title of your manuscript
- Total word count of your full manuscript
- Total word count of your submission
- Your e-mail address
- Where we can find you on the Web (Website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) with URLs or other direct links.
Do not submit full manuscript unless requested to do so. Submitting full manuscript if not requested will automatically disqualify entry from contest.
Winning authors and book titles will be announced on the Vanilla Heart Publishing Website on November 25, 2013, after winning authors are notified and under contract, with publications dates and author pages on the VHP Website are completed.
We reserve the right not to declare a winner in one or more genres if none of the submitted manuscripts meet our publishing standards.
The decision of the judges is final. Do not email us questioning why your submission was not selected; such emails will not be answered.